Project managerFull-Time Position Closing date:
Who are we and what do we do?
Our mission is to help raise funds for charities and good causes and increase awareness of their work. Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £500 million for 7,500 good causes since 2005. This funding is transforming lives and communities in Britain and beyond.
Together Novamedia, the creator and owner of the Postcode Lottery format, and the Postcode Lotteries – in the Netherlands, Sweden, Britain, Germany and Norway – was ranked the second largest private charity donor in the world and the biggest in Europe in 2018/19.
Be part of the People’s Postcode Lottery team
We work to create an environment and culture where everyone is able to perform at their best. We were ranked ninth in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019. Since the beginning our core values of Fun, Courageous, Sharing and Sustainable have shaped our culture and everything we do.
Each year, we invest up to 4% of salaries into training and development opportunities that will stretch and challenge people at every stage of their career.
In addition to an exciting career, we offer a generous pension, private health insurance that rewards you for being active, life assurance, free gym membership, leisure and entertainment discounts, 36 days holiday plus your birthday off and much more.
Established, confident, delivery focused project manager with strong analytical skills who can deliver multiple projects and initiatives to achieve desired business objectives and outcomes while working effectively across all areas of the business.
- Define project scope, benchmarks, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with business analysts, project support officers, senior management, internal and external stakeholders
- Help identify the appropriate development methodology for each project e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall or hybrid; and drive the project using the appropriate tools and techniques for this methodology
- Develop project plans. Identify and manage interdependencies and critical path for all new delivery initiatives to ensure all influences on project plans are communicated and managed
- Manage the effective delivery of all projects assigned to ensure the smooth and timely delivery of assignments. Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of each project and its scope
- Manage the effective communication of project progress, risks and project expectation to stakeholders at all levels in a timely and concise fashion
- Facilitate regular and effective status and planning meetings with project teams. Work with teams to execute project work plans and be prepared to revise as appropriate to meet changing requirements
- Mitigate, resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion to minimize exposure and risk on projects
- Utilise troubleshooting skills to address project-related issues as well as human resources needs of team members, to make quick, informed decisions about technical problem areas
- Conduct retrospective discussions, perform analysis, and suggest and drive areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Make sure project documentation and artefacts are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks and track and review vendor deliverables
- Manage project budgets and other resources assigned to the projects
- Degree in business, information technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Project management qualification in any of the following: Prince 2 Practitioner, PMP, Agile PM, Scrum Master
- Significant project management experience
- Significant experience working with technical, security and governance teams
- A good record of managing scope, time, and budget of multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience with requirements and defect management
- Experience managing both Waterfall and Agile projects
- Understanding how requirements translate to technical solutions
- Prior experience delivering high profile software, web or ecommerce projects
- A strong team player able to work effectively with others
- Excellent organisation skills to keep on top of workload, managing multiple parallel projects
- Be able to build strong relationships with teams and stakeholders
- Computer literate, fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and ideally knowledge of using a collaboration software program, such as SharePoint or Confluence and programme management software, such as JIRA or MS Project
Daily communication with internal colleagues of all departments, team members, project team members, sister lotteries, suppliers and all external and internal stakeholders via face to face, telephone, video conferencing and written communication methods requiring:
- Confident in communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation, coaching and facilitation skills
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills to find consensus
- Frequent communication and building strong relationships with 3rd party suppliers of services
- Present project status, strategy, approach; provide reports to senior managers and stakeholders, steering groups and managing directors
Whilst this role is predominantly office based, due to the nature of some projects, occasional travel might be required within Europe.
Reports to programme lead.