Payroll analyst - fixed term contractFull-Time Position Closing date:
Who are we and what do we do?
Our mission is to help raise funds for charities and good causes and increase awareness of their work. Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £600 million for 8,500 good causes since 2005. This funding is transforming lives and communities in Britain and beyond.
Together Novamedia, the creator and owner of the Postcode Lottery format, and the Postcode Lotteries – in the Netherlands, Sweden, Britain, Germany and Norway – was ranked the second largest private charity donor in the world and the biggest in Europe in 2018/19.
Be part of the People’s Postcode Lottery team
We work to create an environment and culture where everyone is able to perform at their best. We were ranked ninth in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019. Since the beginning our core values of Fun, Courageous, Sharing and Sustainable have shaped our culture and everything we do.
Each year, we invest up to 4% of salaries into training and development opportunities that will stretch and challenge people at every stage of their career.
In addition to an exciting career, we offer a generous pension, private health insurance that rewards you for being active, life assurance, free gym membership, leisure and entertainment discounts, 36 days holiday plus your birthday off and much more.
We are looking for a payroll analyst to join the team at People’s Postcode Lottery on a fixed-term contract for 15 months.
You will manage the end to end payroll process in a timely and efficient manner, accurately process and report relevant taxes to HMRC and provide high quality information for management reporting purposes. You will also play a role in supporting the financial controller and head of finance and make a significant contribution to the achievement of both the finance team and Postcode Lottery objectives.
- Payroll – Planning and management of the monthly payroll process, involving sickness and additional pay type calculations, review of system outputs, uploading of payment files and accurate recording in the ledger
- Full ownership of the pension process, including: recording, collecting and transferring payments to the provider
- Balance sheet – Reviewing and fully reconciling key balance sheet accounts including payroll and pension control accounts
- Manage the year end processes including the preparation of P60s and the updating of the payroll system
- Organising the monthly payments due to HMRC and submissions to the ONS
- First point of contact for all payroll queries
- Production of data for gender pay gap reporting
- Finance projects – Leading on various Finance projects as well as providing ad-hoc project support when required. Providing year end audit support. Ensuring adherence to best corporate governance practice and process improvement.
- Corporate and social responsibility – Managing the collection of required data, organising and proactively engaging with departmental CSR representatives to problem solve and increase understanding and engagement.
- Advanced payroll qualification (CIPP recognised)
- Experience of payroll and pension processing and systems (minimum three years)
- Experience of iTrent system specifically required (minimum one year)
- Strong excel skills with experience of analysis, balance sheet review and reconciliation
Whilst the core hours of the role will be 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday 9am-5:30pm, we are committed to offering flexible working options to our employees and offer the flexibility of when you work these hours.