Marketing ManagerFull-Time Position Closing date:
Who are we and what do we do?
Our mission is to help raise funds for charities and good causes and increase awareness of their work. Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £600 million for 8,500 good causes since 2005. This funding is transforming lives and communities in Britain and beyond.
Together Novamedia, the creator and owner of the Postcode Lottery format, and the Postcode Lotteries – in the Netherlands, Sweden, Britain, Germany and Norway – was ranked the second largest private charity donor in the world and the biggest in Europe in 2018/19.
Be part of the People’s Postcode Lottery team
We work to create an environment and culture where everyone is able to perform at their best. We were ranked ninth in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019. Since the beginning, our core values of Fun, Courageous, Sharing and Sustainable have shaped our culture and everything we do.
Each year, we invest up to 4% of salaries into training and development opportunities that will stretch and challenge people at every stage of their career.
In addition to an exciting career, we offer a generous pension, private health insurance that rewards you for being active, life assurance, free gym membership, leisure and entertainment discounts, 36 days holiday plus your birthday off and much more.
We are looking for a marketing manager to lead our in-house print and digital design teams, to support our strategic goal of achieving creative excellence.
- Ensuring the smooth production of campaigns, from writing and agreeing the creative brief to managing the creative process and securing final approval of assets
- Working hand in hand with the deputy head of marketing and marketing channel managers to understand media plans and agree creative direction that will inform the brief
- Managing a team of eight designers, including two direct reports, to ensure the delivery of high-quality creative across print and digital in response to brief – to time and budget
- Day to day management of relationships with external creative agencies, including management of their agreed scope of work
- Working alongside the TV creative manager, to ensure campaign consistency
- Using skills to challenge the team and the agency, creatively and strategically, always striving for creative excellence
- Managing all business design briefs, allocating resource and ensuring work is delivered on time and to a high standard
- Responsible for chairing key meetings including agency status and internal creative review forums
- A wealth of experience in a senior marketing position, with agency experience preferable
- Experience of managing a team
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- The ability to plan with colleagues at a senior level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Experienced at working in a fast-paced environment
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques
This role requires an individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. They should be a confident communicator, very articulate with careful attention to detail. Communication is also key to managing relationships which is the biggest focus of this role, both internal and external. The role requires the right balance of assertiveness, sensitivity and empathy.
Whilst the core hours of the role will be 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday-Friday 9am–5.30pm, working out with these hours will be required around event times, where necessary time will be given in lieu.