Long term partnership assistant - fixed termFull-Time Position Closing date:
This is a fixed term contract until March 2022.
Who are we and what do we do?
Our mission is to help raise funds for charities and good causes and increase awareness of their work. Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £700 million for 9,000 good causes since 2005. This funding is transforming lives and communities in Britain and beyond.
Together Novamedia, the creator and owner of the Postcode Lottery format, and the Postcode Lotteries – in the Netherlands, Sweden, Britain, Germany and Norway – was ranked the third largest private charity donor in the world and the second biggest in Europe in 2019/20.
Be part of the People’s Postcode Lottery team
We work to create an environment and culture where everyone is able to perform at their best. We were ranked ninth in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019. Since the beginning our core values of Fun, Courageous, Sharing and Sustainable have shaped our culture and everything we do.
Each year, we invest up to 4% of salaries into training and development opportunities that will stretch and challenge people at every stage of their career.
In addition to an exciting career, we offer a generous pension, private health insurance that rewards you for being active, life assurance, free gym membership, leisure and entertainment discounts, 36 days holiday plus your birthday off and much more.
Charities are at the heart of the organisation and this position is crucial in helping to deliver the wide-ranging, exciting and incredible work funded by our players.
In 2019, our players support for charities was £138 million and this is anticipated to increase in the years ahead. With this growth comes greater responsibility. We are committed to ensuring that our players remain connected with the causes they help support. As a funder, we also remain faithful to our funding principles and ensure that we are an enlightened partner in our efforts to make the world a better place for planet and people.
Reporting to the long term partnerships manager and supporting the advisors who are sector specialists, you will support the work of the charities team by assisting in the administration of the trusts, the relationships with supported charities and the communication of our work both with colleagues and players. We are a true partner to our charities and our relationship is far more than just funding.
As a part of the charities team, you must be able support your direct colleagues as well as ensure that the wider team and players are passionate about what we do and why we do it.
This is an exciting time in the charities team. The right candidate will have experience in administration, communications and data management, you must be able to learn quickly and be able to adapt to the demands of this role.
- Salesforce super-user for the team including; user testing of forms, creating/amending dashboards, building/running reports, day-to-day accuracy and usability of the database, maintaining list views, updating records; support for users such as charities with basic user queries, e.g. password resets
- Provide up to date and relevant content of supported charities for all areas of the business for event content, eg. Parliamentary events and business publications, eg. annual report
- Maintain the trust websites to ensure content is accurate and up to date
Manage Trust inboxes, checking on a daily basis and responding in a timely manner
- Support the programmes team in the administration of the grants including co-ordination of funding agreements and bank statements and keeping timelines on track, eg. for application deadlines
- Assist with writing first stage charity research briefs exploring sector trends, themes, funding opportunities and information for due diligence
- Preparation and provision of papers required for Trustees eg. meeting papers, updated policies
- Trustee recruitment support, eg. advertising roles, scheduling interviews
- Co-ordinate charity field trip and staff volunteering opportunities with supported charities
- Organise inspiring and fun internal talks and events with or about supported charities
- Organise and contribute to the delivery of the Charity Gathering, Gala and other sector events
- Arrange group travel and accommodation for the team as required
- Schedule meetings for multiple attendees, eg. trustees, charity partners, suppliers
- Booking and setting up meeting rooms, including refreshments as required
Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests
- Take meeting minutes
- Undertake any other admin duties as required to support the charities team
- Ability to independently research, summarising and report on a variety of topics
- Experience of working with a team in an administration role
- Experience of meeting, travel and event planning
- Experience of content management systems and databases such as Salesforce
- The ability to manage workload and to juggle priorities
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written ability
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience of project management fundamentals
- Experience of working within the charitable sector
- Personal Attributes
- Extremely organised and able to manage a complex workload and tight deadlines
- Creative, pro-active approach bringing forward new ideas to engage colleagues or improve processes
- Must be passionate about charities and good causes
- Confident in ability to engage others through positive attitude and story telling
- Be able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to take on feedback and make changes pro-actively
Working hours for this role will be 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm. We do offer flexibility of when you work these hours. The core hours we expect you to be in work would be between 10am and 4pm however you may start and finish work during flexible time bands.