Junior project manager - 13 month contractFull-Time Position Closing date:
Who are we and what do we do?
Our mission is to help raise funds for charities and good causes and increase awareness of their work. Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £600 million for 8,500 good causes since 2005. This funding is transforming lives and communities in Britain and beyond.
Together Novamedia, the creator and owner of the Postcode Lottery format, and the Postcode Lotteries – in the Netherlands, Sweden, Britain, Germany and Norway – was ranked the third largest private charity donor in the world and the second biggest in Europe in 2019/20.
Be part of the People’s Postcode Lottery team
We work to create an environment and culture where everyone is able to perform at their best. We were ranked ninth in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019. Since the beginning, our core values of Fun, Courageous, Sharing and Sustainable have shaped our culture and everything we do.
Each year, we invest up to 4% of salaries into training and development opportunities that will stretch and challenge people at every stage of their career.
In addition to an exciting career, we offer a generous pension, private health insurance that rewards you for being active, life assurance, free gym membership, leisure and entertainment discounts, 36 days holiday plus your birthday off and much more.
We are looking for a confident, delivery focused junior project manager who can deliver multiple small or medium sized projects and initiatives to achieve desired business objectives and outcomes whilst working effectively across all areas of the business.
- Manage the effective delivery of small to medium projects assigned to ensure the smooth and timely delivery of assignments. Define project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with business analysts, senior management, internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of each project and its scope to ensure the smooth running of a project. Manage project boards and documentation to ensure the project team can easily access all relevant information.
- Develop project plans and reports to effectively communicate project progress in a timely and concise fashion to stakeholders. Manage project budgets and other resources assigned to the projects.
- Co-ordinate governance activities required to complete vendor vetting including legal documentation, DPA and DPIA to fulfill procurement requirements. Ensure project documents and artefacts are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Create meeting agendas, write associated minutes to document changes to the project, risks, and new requirements. Facilitate and coordinate meetings and workshops as required.
- Mitigate, resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion to minimize exposure and risk on projects.
Things we are looking for
You won’t necessarily have all the following but don’t let that put you off applying. We would like to see well-rounded candidates and not someone that satisfies a checklist.
- Recognised qualification in business, information technology, project management or a related field, or work experience in similar positions.
Prior experience with project support or coordination capacity in software, web, ecommerce, or procurement projects or having worked with developers/technical teams to deliver projects/components.
- A strong team player able to work effectively with others. Be able to build strong relationships with teams and stakeholders.
Good written communication skills, able to take minutes, draft reports and prepare project documentation.
- Understanding how requirements translate to technical solutions.
- Good organisation and coordination skills to keep on top of workload.
- Computer literate, fully proficient in the use of Microsoft office and ideally knowledge of using a collaboration software program, such as SharePoint or Confluence and programme management software, such as JIRA or MS Project
Other things that interest us
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with 3rd party suppliers.
- Experience in preparing and presenting reports to senior managers and stakeholders, steering groups and managing directors.
Office hours for this role are 9am-5.30pm, 37.5 hours per week with options to work flexible hours out with the boundaries of core business hours (10am–4pm).
We offer flexibility and can also support working from home on occasion. Due to the current circumstances surrounding Covid-19, this role will be based from home until it is safe to return to the office in line with government guidelines.
Due to the nature of some projects, occasional travel might be required within Europe.